What are participants and collaborators?
Both, Participants and Collaborators are users of an ExO Sprint project:
- Participants: people within the organization to transform. They don't usually belong to the OpenExO Community.
- Collaborators: people from outside the organization to transform, with the necessary knowledge and expertise required to run the ExO Sprint. They are part of our OpenExO Community, where you will find that expertise and knowledge.
If you want to add participants to you ExO Sprint go to the menu "Users" and click on the button "ADD PARTICIPANT":
You can add participants one by one, or multiple participants at once (using a CVS file):
NOTE: Selecting the participant's team is optional, but we recommend you to add it if you already know it. You always can change it.
If you want to add collaborators to you ExO Sprint go to the menu "Users" and click on the button "ADD COLLABORATOR"
You only can add collaborators one by one, by selecting them from our OpenExO Community, and assigning them a role and, optionally, the team:
1. Select a collaborator. Start typing the name or email, an we'll show you a list to select from it:
NOTE: If you have already selected a role, this list will show you only community members who have the required certifications to play that role in an ExO Sprint.
2. Select the role. You can select several roles for a collaborator.
NOTE: If you have already selected a collaborator, some roles might be disabled, so you can't select them. This is because the selected collaborator doesn't have the required certification to play that role. In the example above, Alice LaGrande can't be Align Trainer because she doesn't have the ExO Trainer Certification.
3. Select the team. This is optional, but we recommend you to select it if you already know it. You always can change it.
NOTE: We recommend you to post an opportunity in our OpenExO Marketplace with all the roles you need for your Sprint. Our community members are going to apply for the job and you can select the ones who better fits your project needs. Click on the following link if you want to know more about how to post opportunities.
NOTE: Read this article to know more about roles in an ExO Sprint and required certifications.